Sunday, August 11, 2013

Dupes ?

Every time I think of using a lime green, I see three options in my collection. Essie's The More The Merrier, OPI's Who The Shrek Are You? and Pure Ice's Wild Thing.  It was finally time to do a comparison.........


Index finger is 2 coats of Essie's The More The Merrier. Went on relatively easy.....not too thin, not too thick.  Middle finger is 2 coats of Pure Ice's Wild Thing. Went on easily also and was slightly thicker than Essie. Could have gotten away with one thicker coat. Ring finger and pinky are 3 coats of OPI's Who The Shrek Are You. I was surprised at how thin the OPI was and generally I do not like using polishes that require 3 coats.  I can't decide if I like the Essie or OPI more, color wise......

I definitely think that the Essie and OPI are the most similar in color, and I think I'd go with the Essie if I chose between the two. Definitely not exact dupes so I suppose I'll keep all three. (If I asked my husband about this, he'd say they're all the same and that I should only keep one. And then I'd gently remind him why I needed the 2 storage units he made for me)

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. it's funny you should say that.....the more I look at it the more I like the OPI better, 3 coats and all :)

      Delete
  2. The Pure Ice is def more greeney lime and I can see vnl on the Essie nail. I like the Opi nail best too.

    ReplyDelete