Monday, August 12, 2013

Water Marbleing......

do you? have you? Water Marbled that is.  I used to do it more often and it would come out good on the first attempt. Lately I've been having tons of issues. I finally resorted to using room temp bottled water and I shut off the air conditioner and stand on my head.  Well no, not the stand on head part, but why are there so many variables as to how this effect comes out?

I did my two ring fingers tonight. First attempt was a no go......remove polish, re apply white polish, let dry, re apply scotch tape, drip polishes in water......DAMN!!! ugh, way too much came off the brush and splashed against and into my already concentric circles. New water and start that part over. Success on nail one !! The design is not as nice as I would have liked, but I'll take it.

So I get  both ring fingers done......quick dry top coat applied. Start to clean up and I smeared one of the nails - had to do that one over but it came out better than the first time. Now I'm done, it is what it is. Here's a pic of my left hand - I'm a righty so I can only take pics with my phone with that hand.



Colors used are all OPI - Ate Berries In The Canaries, A Roll In The Hague and Alpine Snow.
The marbleing on my right hand is a little more detailed.  I selected these colors because why?  See previous post of polish to clothes or clothes to polish. It's a tie dyed look black maxi. The water marbleing fits right in. Hope this lasts till Wednesday, going to see a concert in a park by a band called 45RPM that plays, as they put it "Cheesy 70's Music" - lots of fun at their shows :)

2 comments: